You asked for it, and it's finally here! Search analytics has officially landed in the Meilisearch Cloud! We've received numerous requests for a way to track key analytics in the Meilisearch Cloud, and we've been hard at work developing a solution that not only empowers you to make data-driven decisions, but also enhances the overall user experience.
So, what's all the buzz about? 🤔
The new dashboard incorporates a set of metrics providing insights into your users' search behaviors. Its purpose is to give you a quick and comprehensible overview of user search queries and highlight what they might be missing. The implications are vast:
- Improve recommendations and popular search sections, bolstering e-commerce through cross-selling.
- Create intelligence reports for your customers.
- Fine-tune settings and ranking rules to optimize search experiences and inform business decisions.
What metrics can you expect?
The first iteration of cloud analytics covers the following metrics:
- Daily searches chart
- Most searched queries
- Searches without results
- Daily search latency
- Total searches
- Total users
- No result rate
- Click through rate*
- Average click position
- Daily searches per index
*The CTR (click-through rate) and the conversion rate must be configured to fit a specific use case or need.
The default view combines the data from the indexes per project, but it’s also possible to filter out the insights for a specific project of your choice. The dashboard also allows you to select a custom range using a date picker:
For a detailed walkthrough, check out the live demo recording of search analytics on our YouTube channel.
The benefits of search analytics insights
There are numerous advantages to gaining deeper insights into how your users interact with search. With our brand-new dashboard, you can:
- Gain rapid, actionable insights into your search performance at a glance.
- Enhance your users' experience by continuously optimizing result relevancy.
- Make more informed business decisions by understanding your users and their needs.
- For eCommerce and marketplaces: develop cross-selling and upselling strategies to boost conversions.
This marks just the beginning of our optimization and insights journey. Stay tuned for v2, where we will introduce advanced analytics capabilities and subviews.
Availability and plans
The new Cloud search analytics are available for all Cloud users across all pricing tiers. Each tier has access to the same analytics and chart functionalities of the search analytics dashboard, with the distinction occurring in the length of data retention provided to each tier: 7 days for the Build plan, 30 days for the Grow plan, and 90 days for both Pro and Enterprise plans.
For anything else, join our developer community on Discord.